Turnigy 9XR RTH Problems

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Turnigy 9XR RTH Problems

Postby Kiwi Flyer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:00 am

Hi, i recently bought a 9XR (with no module) and installed the FrSky DJT 2.4ghz combo pack (non telemetry) from hobbyking and im using a OSD called the Cyclops Storm OSD. This OSD also acts as a auto pilot, so it has RTH and Pilot Assist (keeps the plane level etc.). But with my 9XR, when i change my 3-pos switch i can only get it to go into, pilot assist or normal flight mode, it wont go into RTH. I have tried using the nobs on the 9XR but they do the same thing. I tried the Cyclops storm osd once with a Hobbyking 6x radio and when i turned the pot (nob) on that it would progresively go into PA (pilot assist) and then RTH and it worked great. But it wont go into RTH with my 9XR. Please Help :,(
Kiwi Flyer

Re: Turnigy 9XR RTH Problems

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:44 am

The three position switch needs programming but I see the manual does not specify the pulse length required to select the modes.
Since you got it to work on the Hobbyking 6x pot the problem is probably with the end point settings of the pot channel which are adjustable in software, increase the end point throws to 125% at both ends of the throw, (which is the maximum) that should do the trick. If that works then you can program the switch to replicate the pot settings.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to Radios and Servos