What RC system do you use?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

What is your main RC system?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 am

Futaba
26%
JR
11%
Hitec
13%
Spektrum
26%
Airtronics
2%
FlySky/Turnigy/iMax
15%
WFly
No votes
Multiplex
2%
HobbyKing
No votes
Other (specify)
4%

Total votes : 46

What RC system do you use?

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 04, 2010 7:52 am

It's a poll that has to be taken and maybe we'll repeat it again in 6 months to see what the trends are...

Remember, this is the RC system you use most often, you only get one vote.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: What RC system do you use?

Postby jomarx » Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 am

MY first RX is a Futaba 9c + FrSky module. I think it would be my RX for quite a long time :D
jomarx

Postby wldingrod » Tue May 04, 2010 9:46 am

spektrum
wldingrod

Postby beau0090_99 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:54 am

jomarx wrote:MY first RX is a Futaba 9c + FrSky module. I think it would be my RX for quite a long time :D

+1
beau0090_99

Postby sergisan » Wed May 05, 2010 6:17 am

Hi,

I am using a Hitec's Eclipse 7. I am a newbie and it works well for me.

I am wondering if it's a good idea to go to 2.4GH and which radio ?

bye
sergisan

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed May 05, 2010 6:48 am

I have a Hitec Eclipse here but rarely use it now because of its limitations.

They were a fine radio in their day but they're were designed a decade ago and things have moved on.

Nothing starts an argument quicker than asking someone what is the best radio they should buy today :twisted:

For someone who's happy with Hitec and flies mainly sport stuff then the Aurora 9 is probably pretty good value and their 2.4GHz technology is as good as anyones (and better than many, such as Spektrum/JR).

Lots of folks like Spektrum gear though because it has a wide range of different receivers available for it -- but some of them are pretty pricey.

Futaba make radios that some folks like but they just feel wrong in my average-sized hands. The 10C is a radio I could never use comfortably. The sticks hardly protrude above the front of the case and I fly lots of 3D so I really want a radio that isn't so thick it compromises my ability to get the sticks from one corner to the other real quick (as is the case with the 10C).

As far as eye-appeal goes, the new JR 11X looks sweet, but I wouldn't want to be tied to DSM2 because it was a poor performer in my tests.

I fly mainly with my FlySky/iMax 9X at the moment because it's cheap, robust and feels nice in my hands. I don't care if I scratch it or bust one of the switches by dropping it on the ground because I could buy a whole new one for the price of a single repair on my expensive JR radio (which hardly gets used).

I'd like to do a full shootout of the different 9+ channel radios on the market right now but it would cost a small fortune to do so -- and even if I did, radios tend to be like cars -- people buy what they *like*, not necessarily what's best.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Ampair » Wed May 05, 2010 8:14 am

Optic 6 mainly, with the Frsky rf module. What a boost, best mod I ever did. I am off the DC bands for good now, except for a savagely chopped about Llama that is handy for trying to land on the cat inside. Haven't got close yet, but one day that cat is going to be the cat with the hat.
Ampair

Postby Bruser » Wed May 05, 2010 8:35 am

Hi. Spektrum DX9 with JR 9x as buddy box on 40meg, really intersted in upgrading to a frsky module and rx. Cheers
Bruser

Postby andrechina » Wed May 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Imax 9X Tx with Imax 35mHz PCM receiver as well as Corona 8ch 35mHz synth receivers
andrechina

Postby gmhelo » Wed May 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Futaba 10C (got it CHEAP and I have big meaty hands!) with Assan module - currently. Strongly considering moving to FrSky especially if they release the streamlined module and the 7 ch rx.
gmhelo

Next

Return to Radios and Servos