Bobbypin MX2

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

Bobbypin MX2

Postby ArjanH » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 am

I am looking for my first plane with wheels. Dunno why but I have suddenly developed a "need" for something that constantly needs a motor to stay in the air.
From looking at Xjet's plane of the week and a few reviews this is reasonably aerobatic but still soft and it seems to be forgiving as well (no doubt help by the bang proof properties of the epo/epp). I am just wondering though if this is a recipe for disaster as a first power plane. I am not new to RC and have plenty of experience with fullhouse gliders and touchy little slopers so I am guessing I will be fine but I am open for suggestions.

Don't worry Brent ... I'll get the blue one so it won't be the same as yours. :D
ArjanH

Re: Bobbypin MX2

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:31 am

Check out the video I'll be posting tomorrow. Brent's MX2 has developed a couple of problems that you might want to address before you fly your MX2 if you buy one.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby bmsweb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:09 am

Looking forwards to it Bruce as I've also been thinking about buying this model.
bmsweb

Postby ArjanH » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:33 am

Good on ya Bruce. Perfect timing.

Can I just ask about the shipping costs? Mine came to $65 US. Would that be a normal price to NZ or have I missed a trick? It seems a bit on the high side. I tried to order everything in one go. The Mx2, a charger, 2 x 2200 4s's and a Turnigy 9X but their website said this was much to large and wouldn't ship it like that. I had to take the 9X out (it was out of stock anyway) and order it seperately which I am guessing is going to be another $30 or $40 US.
ArjanH

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Check out the video I'll be posting tomorrow. Brent's MX2 has developed a couple of problems that you might want to address before you fly your MX2 if you buy one.

The god awful colour made him blind I expect. ;)
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby ArjanH » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:23 am

Sid Sideslip wrote:
RCModelReviews wrote:Check out the video I'll be posting tomorrow. Brent's MX2 has developed a couple of problems that you might want to address before you fly your MX2 if you buy one.

LOL ... another good reason to buy the blue one. :D
ArjanH

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 am

ArjanH wrote:
Sid Sideslip wrote:

LOL ... another good reason to buy the blue one. :D

Heh heh, though even the blue one needs some sun-glasses on to tone it down a bit I reckon. Though I must say they are a very interesting plane...one I have my eye on for later.

As for postage to NZ btw, I noticed that the premium postage rate from Hong Kong was pretty exorbitant for my axn floater to Oz, around $AUD50, while standard air postage was $AUD32.71 for a 2.5Kg-3Kg parcel. My order was just the arf plane, 5x HXT900 9g servos and the esc.

I already have a mess of Zippy lipos from the Oz warehouse, sitting in their covered terracotta flowerpots (nice safe way to store them) all ready to come out and play.

Bill and Ben and all the flowerpot men. :lol:

What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Return to ARF and RTF Models