New Frsky DHT-U dashboard

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Re: New Frsky DHT-U dashboard

Postby Xairflyer » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I did watch the video again, but cant really see any problems maybe I missed something, or maybe I have no interest for now in the GPS part if that was the issue.
On Frsky's website it mentions that the DHT-U it is firmware upgradeable
Xairflyer

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:53 pm

The firmware in the DHT-U system is supposedly reflashable so if you've got a V1 you should be able to upgrade to the improved code when it's released.

The D receivers only work with D transmitters but the V receivers will work with either (although you have to change the mode on the transmitter end between D and V, depending on which receiver you're using.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby RobC » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:31 pm

I've got a question, can the audible alarms be tied to the serial sensors such as the fuel level or vario?
RobC

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:49 am

I'll check -- the documentation is not the best (downloadable from the FrSky website).

I've shelved the system until the new firmware is available because I think that right now it's not really a whole lot of use.
RCModelReviews

Postby RobC » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:I'll check -- the documentation is not the best (downloadable from the FrSky website).

Thanks Bruce
RCModelReviews wrote:I've shelved the system until the new firmware is available because I think that right now it's not really a whole lot of use.

exactly why I'm waiting before buying one! LCD may be useful for setup, but I really can't see any use for visual outputs while you're flying. I have enough problems keeping track of the blighters without moving my focus to the tx to see the fuel state.
RobC

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Yeah, even on a modestly fast model you can't really afford to take your eyes off for too long.

I'll be measuring the speed of the RareBear with telemetry but I'll be using my own which logs/remembers the maximum speed so I can examine the data once I land. Taking your eyes off one of those for even a second would likely spell disaster!
RCModelReviews

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:56 am

I see HK is now carrying the DHT-U and a host of other tidbits, including a very interesting full range 4 channel receiver with telemetry. I'm not too thrilled with the price over the standard 4 channel (about $10 more for the telemetry version), however the new 4 channel is claimed to be full range!

On the question side of things.... can one or two sensors be plugged directly into a telemetry receiver or *must* one also use the hub?

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 am

I'm reviewing one of those 4-channel receivers at the moment -- it's a real shame they don't have a data-port because if they did they'd be a great glider radio with a vario hooked up. They only provide RSSI telemetry AFIK. I wish it also did battery voltage -- I sometimes wonder if I'm pushing my DLG's receiver pack too far with a couple of 40-minute+ flights.

They do have a choice of the small wire antenna or a longer coaxial one -- which makes them suitable for carbon gliders though.

And no, you can't plug two sensors into the FrSky 2-way receivers because they only have one serial data port.
RCModelReviews

Postby kaptain_zero » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I'm reviewing one of those 4-channel receivers at the moment -- it's a real shame they don't have a data-port because if they did they'd be a great glider radio with a vario hooked up. They only provide RSSI telemetry AFIK. I wish it also did battery voltage -- I sometimes wonder if I'm pushing my DLG's receiver pack too far with a couple of 40-minute+ flights.

Well, it sounds like the D6FR would be the best choice then.... at least one can attach one sensor to it without the the hub, if I read the manual correctly. I may just order one of those for my AXN....

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby Fly2High » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:53 am

I thought the D6R only had an analog input. that can be used with a sensor like the altimeter?

I did not think any hub nor the hub sensors could be used with the D6R. Is this correct?
Fly2High

PreviousNext

Return to Telemetry