ParkZone P-51

Glow/Nitro and gas engines, propellers, fuel and other stuff associated with making lots of noise and thrust.

ParkZone P-51

Postby tomkarhu » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 pm

I need some advice about this charger and charging battiers. Charging a 1300mAh 11.1V, how far can you push the charging (if at all) past 1300mAh to speed up the charging? I have 3 1300’s and a 1800 that I run in a PZ P-51 and have put an oversize prop on it. I comes with a 9x6 prop and I have gone to 10x6 and it upped the speed of the plane. Next thing to do to it is get a oversize motor and I’m looking at 1400kv and the P51 came with a 960kv. Looking to push plane up as much as I can and that it will handle. :geek:
tomkarhu

Re: ParkZone P-51

Postby FlyingTiger » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:55 am

You really don't want to push your batteries too hard. Fast charging will shorten their life as well as increase the risk of them overheating and setting your house on fire. The same goes for over stressing them by pulling too much amperage by over propping the motor. Hot batteries are like hand grenades just waiting to detonate.

Also this question would have better response in the electrics forum. This one is about internal combustion engines. Just sayin'.... ;)
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Return to IC Engines