Sail winch

If the wind moves you, here's where you should be talking

Sail winch

Postby karl1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:11 pm

I have a scratch built 45" Motor sailer and will be using two [color=#FF0040]120G EXI Servo w/ Continuous Rotation B1226 sail winches, one for the sail sheet and the other for raising and lowering the main sail (gaff rigged). The sail sheet will need about 12 " travel, which the winch will handle with 3 rev's. The main sail winch will need about 30" , but my understanding is that these winches only have 3 rev's (12" of line). Can these winches be altered to provide more rotations or should I go with a motor and reducer with no rotation limit? Any info will be useful. Thanks -- Karl1
karl1

Re: Sail winch

Postby Blocka2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi Karl
Yes they can, at least the Hitech sail winches I use can (for the life of me I can't remember the model number BBXXXX something or rather).
Problem is the feedback pot value has to be changed. I have never done it personally, but a techy type person at Hobby One in Brisbane did it for me at a reasonable cost.
So in answer to your question..... yes!
Cheers
Paul
Blocka2

Postby Shotglass » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 pm

a much cheaper solution would be to replace the poti in any ordinary servo with resistors for infinite rotation
Shotglass

Postby gonglee » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:54 am

each time i heard how tons disappointment the king will be, it changed into like a river of
what is search engine optimization
gonglee

Return to Sail-power