Frsky problem.

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Frsky problem.

Postby mvvs35 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:47 am

Hi I'm from Argentina and buy a module Frsky the problem that I found is that, servo motion is not constant but takes steps. I tried several servos and the problem continues. servos are fast to use. 0.10sec/60 º. Anyone know what could be the problem and how to fix? I made a video of the fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XRz3afGRrg

Thank you very much!

Greetings.
mvvs35

Re: Frsky problem.

Postby egianello » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:34 am

MVVS35:
I´m also from Argentina, but I´ll start in english for the other readers... First, it´s great to see that other people from here start to use this brand, that I´m very interested in give a try. I`d really like to know were did you bought it, as I only saw that it´s available from international orders (here, in Argentina, we haven´t any one who sell them.)
Second, I could´t understand the problem that U have. It seems everything ok in the video. You move the stick very quick, and the servo moves acordingly. You don´t give it any time to show any particular interruptions or steps... Can you explain it more? (Also.. HD servos are really bad! Don´t trust them)

In Spanish:

Hey! Loco, yo tambien soy de argentina! Que alegría ver que acá tambien hay gente que le dá pelota a estas cosas... Che, de donde sacaste el modulo FrSky? Hace rato que lo vengo mirando con interés, y no consigo ninguno de acá que lo venda. Lo mandaste a pedir afuera?
Estuve mirando el video de youtube y no entendí lo que contas. No veo que el servo se detenga en etapas, o intermitencias, ni nada. Quizas sea que movés muy rapido el stick. A lo mejor se vería mejor si hicieras una pasada lentameeente... y el servo mostraría las detenciones. Ojo, los servos HD me han resultado malísimos. Por ahi es culpa de eso.
Mirá, mi nombre es Emilio Gianello, y estoy en Cap. Fed. actualmente. Escribime al egianello@yahoo.com, o por acá. Me interesa mucho ese modulo, y también uso JR. Quiero saber como comprar uno. Saludos.
egianello

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:55 am

A couple of people have reported that their servos step slightly when using the FrSky system.

I'm looking into this. It appears to be somewhat dependent on the servos being used and most of the ones I use work just fine so I'm going to try a whole bunch of different servos and see if I can find if those which are affected have anything in common.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby egianello » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 am

Thanks for your quick answer!
I`ll be very close to this post. I´m really interested in trying the FrSky module...
egianello

Postby mvvs35 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:39 am

Hello I made a new video trying several servos. please listen to the sound of the servos, if you grab the hand servo feel the steps. Someone can tell me what is the problem?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt3ZLreSkQ0

Thanks!

Greetings!
mvvs35

Postby hiTmanhiT » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 pm

I've got the excact same problem with my DS610 servos.
Will be lucky if someone finds out why.

Very "choppy" movements.
Visit my Youtube channel for awesome RC-videos from Norway!
http://www.youtube.com/user/hiTmanhiT92
hiTmanhiT

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:14 am

I'll put a priority on looking at this and see if I can determine what the cause may be.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby jet760 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:19 am

Hi Guys can you tell me if this stepping is with the V8 series module or the telemetry module. or both.
Thanks, I am reporting this back to FrSky.
jet760

Postby hiTmanhiT » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:05 am

With me it is the V8 modules, but I have not tried the telemetry ones.
(Both DIY-hack module and JR compitable)
Visit my Youtube channel for awesome RC-videos from Norway!
http://www.youtube.com/user/hiTmanhiT92
hiTmanhiT

Postby mr.sneezy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:54 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I'll put a priority on looking at this and see if I can determine what the cause may be.
Bruce, I'm too preoccupied here to look at this phenomenon right now (dare we call it an issue yet), but may I suggest that it's possible that it could be the logic voltage from the receiver is very close to the limits of the defined logic input of some servos, like mixing TTL and CMOS logic. I've seen this crop up with other vendors receivers, including the big guns of the business.
On some other brand receivers I have been forced to swap servos or not use certain channels. Worth checking if nothing else makes sense.

Got to add though, that my own V8 set and Two-Way set seem to have no issues thus far. I use a mix of digital and analogue servos in three models with FrSky receivers currently.
Also I can't see a problem in the Youtube videos, the servos are being swung too fast. At that speed the model would not be able to react in flight to any stepping anyway...

PS. A question to all with the servo jitter. Are you using JR compatible FrSky modules or Futaba compatible ?

JR and Futaba use opposite logic on the TX's PPM frame, so it's possible there could be a difference in the FrSky firmware with one or the other...

Martin
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Fly's airplanes & helis, glow & electric.
mr.sneezy

Next

Return to Radios and Servos