Robbe Futaba FF10

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Robbe Futaba FF10

Postby Andries » Sun May 23, 2010 8:55 am

Dear fellow pilots,

A few weeks ago I started working at a hobby store, and ran into a nice deal for a Futaba field force 10.
Obviously this is a very nice radio system, but I was wondering if there was anything in the same price-range (€380/$480) I can compare it to.

I like the fact that it has 10 channels, this gives you the opportunity to do almost anything you want.
Also I probably won't have to buy a another radio system for the next 10 years or so ;)

Any comments or tips are welcome,

Thanks,

Andries
Andries

Re: Robbe Futaba FF10

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun May 23, 2010 9:07 am

The Robbe Futaba FF10 is the European verson of the Futaba 10C.

It's a perfectly good radio (a big improvement over the 9C/FF9) that preceded it.

Perhaps its biggest strength is also its biggest weakness -- the fact that it uses Futaba's FASST in 2.4GHz configuration.

I don't know if the radio you're looking at has a module (some do, some don't) but if it is a native 2.4GHz system (no module) then you'll be paying some very high prices for receivers.

If it has a module then you get much more flexibility and can use any of the Futaba-compatible low-cost module/receiver options such as the FrSky, FlyDream, Assan, etc.

As far as comparable radios go -- there's the Hitec Aurora 9, the JR9XII, the JR11X, the Sanwa/Airtronics SG10 and perhaps a few others which are more specific to Europe.

There's nothing wrong with the FF10 and it's hard to say which radios in this sector of the market are "best".

I'm planning on doing a 9/10 channel radio comparison over the coming months, including the Hitec Auroa 9, hopefully a Futaba 10C (FF10), the new JR11X and Airtronics SG10.

Hitec have already offered to provide a unit for review but no word from any of the others. If anyone wants to see the other products reviewed and then given away, please drop them a line and suggest they contact RCModelReviews :-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Radios and Servos