Servo angle extender

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

Servo angle extender

Postby papapeter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:31 am

I'm looking for a supplier of a small electronic device that plugs between receiver and servo that can increase the travel angle of the servo to say 110degrees. I have heard that some transmitters have such a function built in but my Spektrum dx5e does not have the function.
Any ideas?
Papapeter
papapeter

Re: Servo angle extender

Postby aesmith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Have a look at the answer to my post here ....
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=513
aesmith

Postby papapeter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Thank - found it - however seems like the supplier doesn't post to Australia.

Papapeter
papapeter

Postby Sampey » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 am

Just a thought, if like most modellers you have lots of "bits" lying around, why not get your 110 degree travel by modifying a servo physically? or even building one from spare parts? advantages being its free, potentially lighter and or less bulky than added electronics, and awesome on account of the DIY "gadgety-ness".

Downsides being it would require "fiddling", certainly not "plug and play" in the level of ease.

Also i assume you've tried simpler stuff like using longer servo arms for greater travel etc...

Perhaps no help, i have a knee jerk "build it ya-self" reaction when it comes to technical problems like this, wheres the clever in buying yet another plastic box that i cant fix or understand?
Common sense will not accomplish great things, simply become insane and desperate - the hagakure.
Show a little vision people! - Me
Sampey

Postby ergocentric » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Do yourself a favour and save the money towards a transmitter that has rates, endpoint adjustments, and MIXING.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)