spy key cam

If you want to see a product reviewed on RCModelReviews, make your suggestion here and, if there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do.

spy key cam

Postby joman01 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 pm

hey
many people have a camera mounted on there plane.
this is one of the cheapest/best camera for use on your plane.
you can buy a key cam for only 10 dollar on ebay.
here is a site with info http://www.chucklohr.com/808/
i had a keycam one year ago but he is death now
joman01

Re: spy key cam

Postby mykah093 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:59 am

I think all the vehicle owners or the drivers themselves need to have their own spy key cam nowadays. But I have read that the spy key cam that are available in the market need to be charged using a USB connection. Do you know how long does it take to charge the cam?
Last edited by mykah093 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mykah093

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:37 am

I think most of them charge in well under an hour -- apparently if you leave them on charge too long it fries the charger and then they die.

I haven't bothered "charging" mine -- it just gets topped up each time I plug it into the computer to download the video files from it and so far it's never gone flat.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby AE25 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:51 am

yep 1hr charge. the battery can balloon out and you wont be able to close the casing.
the first one I bought was a dud. wouldn't take any vid or accept the txt file. both units had crap usb cable. would lose connection if the plug was bumped, but another one i already had worked fine. the chucklor site is very handy for diagnosing issues!
-Mark
warbird fan and old toyota's
AE25

Postby mtesa » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:34 pm

I got some 30 of those little suckers, and had a single dud. My ebay contact saw a video I made of dead one,a nd sent me an replacement.
All are working flawlessly since. At least half of them were airborne for an hour, minimum.
HK cameras are a different story :lol:
mtesa

Postby Baie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 am

lolx....:PThanks for share with us good info!!!
Baie

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:10 pm

I just got two of the current batch that Hobby King has in stock and they're really bad.

They have the datestamp in white on the top-left of the picture. Both picture and audio quality are really bad.

The audio is highly distorted (an 8KHz sample-rate) and the video (XVid codec) is significantly posterized (ie: there are no subtle graduations of color - it's more like a "paint by numbers" output.

Focus/resolution is also poor. In fact, they're pretty much unusable when compared to the #3 keycams.

One of them was also dead on arrival and although I (finally) managed to revive it, it needs to be reset at regular intervals because it just stops working and acts dead (the reset button isn't jammed).

So buy from a trader that can guarantee they're offering the #3 type and avoid HobbyKing's offering for the time being.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Sid Sideslip » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:18 am

RCModelReviews wrote:
So buy from a trader that can guarantee they're offering the #3 type and avoid HobbyKing's offering for the time being.

I can vouch that the HobbyKing ones are rubbish. I bought one before I knew what was what with these cameras.

Er, isn't the good HD one the #11? That has orange text on the bottom right and outputs a true HD signal. The # 3s are nowhere near as good. The #11 sells on eBay for about $40.

There is a YouTube video showing a comparison with a # 3 and the #11 is ever so much better.

Edited:

Took a while, but I found the video, by an English chap. This is the best review of this camera on the web. I think he also mentions reliable eBay suppliers. As does chucklor below the video link.t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj26JjSiazQ&feature=fvwp&NR=1

http://chucklohr.com/808/C11/index.html
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby Willielyons » Tue May 24, 2022 10:09 am

Many people have a camera mounted on there plane. It's quite a trend now. Many world class airline companies even have one on their best rangefinder film camera planes for video documentation. The camera is also used by the commercial sector. A camera mounted on there plane is the perfect way to record your adventures.
Willielyons

Postby helendam » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:15 am

Welcome to infinite craft , your ultimate destination for free online gaming! Get ready for an immersive and thrilling gaming experience like no other.
helendam

Return to Suggest a review