Win some of my 72MHz receivers!

Here's where you can keep a track of the current "win free stuff" opportunities on RCModelReviews.

Win some of my 72MHz receivers!

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 am

I've got a pile of 72MHz receivers sitting here and not being used. It seems a shame to let them just gather dust so I'm going to give them away to some lucky RCModelReview readers and forum members.

If you think you have a good reason why *you* should get some of these receivers, post a message here pitching your case.

On offer are:

A handful of Corona dual-conversion crystal-controlled receivers (use Futaba or Corona crystals) on channels 17 and 23.

A Berg-7 (top-pin) receiver on channel 23 (but I might have some other crystals)

A handful of Polk Seeker 6 synthesized receivers

An FMA M5 (Futaba type) dual-conversion receiver on channel 17

Plus a whole lot of 72MHz crystals (Hitec, Corona/Futaba and who knows what else).

And who knows what else I'll find when I clear out the rest of my cupboard?
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: Win some of my 72MHz receivers!

Postby redline » Mon May 31, 2010 10:37 am

hey there ... im an rc parkflyer newbie in Brisbane and my mate is keen do get in on it too but cant really afford it. I am hoping to help him get a small 3 or 4 channel beginner plane and get him started with a bare foamie kit and then get a cheap radio setup and build it up with some cheap components. I was looking at the cheapie hobbyking 2.4 gear but a basic TX and RX setup or some servos or anything really would go a long way in my endevers to get him started and build up his 1st plane :)
thanks
Brendan
redline

Postby NJRCFLY » Mon May 31, 2010 9:41 pm

How is it going! love the not so weekly updates, as a beginner/intermediate flyer, your giving me alot of insight and news and instructions about whats good and not so good! the reason why i think ill make a good person to get some of these items is because im only 22, and my old lady wont let me buy anymore rc stuff because we have a kid do in a couple of months, and trying to put all m0oney aside for our baby! i went to hang out with my local hobby shop and a buddy gave me an old 72mhz controller and a bare body 88" airplane and told me its perfect to get into that i jus needa buy evberything else, but i have the dx6i the parkzone sukhoi, and the j-3 ultra micro cub(that no longer flies), and im just trying to look out and see what i can get for little or no cost for me without my old lady hassling me! if there is any way i win just please let me know, and ill be sure to give you some updates of it in use!
NJRCFLY

Postby siang » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:04 am

GREAT SITE with full of info. I've had many bad buys from local and international market previously, especially if they are of no brand and cheap. With this forum going, it's even better. I've gain confidence on my purchase and now I can even ask for advice. Keep it up.

Presently looking to make some 3D plane out of corflute for my mate, hoping to find one that is fast to build and fly well. I'd love to see more people getting into 3D flying.

Free rx would be great. I presently have a JR PCMXII, 72.270 Mhz and also a DX7. All plane goes into the JR and heli onto specktrum.
siang

Postby aedwards » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 am

Hello! I would love to get a reciever for my rig. I have always wanted to get into the RC hobby. When I was in college I bought an Airtronics VG400 Tx but never got a chance to use it. It did not include a reciever or any servos, but what I found it for, was great at the time. I have gotten active again. I'm am nearing completion of my first build. A Sig Kadet Senior. I'm excited to get it up and flying but so far the only electronics I have is a transmitter. Kinda hard to do anything when all you can do is transmit. A reciever and crystal (Ch37) would be wonderrful! I just found your Youtube channel and website and so far I love it. Thanks for all the information.
aedwards

Postby lewee » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:33 am

I am new to Rc and would love to get some stuff to start out .I have just built an F-117 foam board plane and a trainer plane as well. The receivers you are giving away I think would fit in a park flyer. Hey Put me in the drawing and a big thanks from Canada eh?....Lew
lewee

Postby dawgmckay » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:55 pm

free stuff always good 8-)
dawgmckay

Postby iceman0988 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 am

LOL..I would like to win some free stuff. That's always cool! I'm not very good at telling a story about how bad I need this stuff, so If anyway possible...would love to have it! Give it a thought. If not, thanks anyhow. Love your reviews and keep up the great work. Thank you very much for what you do. Your hard work does not go unnoticed. So, see ya on your next video hopefully. Thanks again!!!
iceman0988

Postby paulbald2 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:24 am

HEY Bruce.I could really use those Polks recievers,I have a Polks radio and have been layed off work for over a year and can not afford to buy any new RC stuff,and Polks no longer has them.I was the one that was asking about the corona synthisized recievers on the probro site and you told me to let you know what frequncy I was on and you would look to see what you had laying around so you could help me out.I tried to email you here but it said I was new and I could not send you mail.How many posts are needed before I can send email?Thanks.
paulbald2

Postby paulbald2 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:30 am

When are winners going to be announced in these givaways?
paulbald2

Next

Return to Win free RC stuff