FrSky 2.4GHz FHSS module and receiver

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

FrSky 2.4GHz FHSS module and receiver

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 am

This review can be found here: http://rcmodelreviews.com/frskyreview.shtml

Comments, questions and feedback on this review can be posted to this topic
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: FrSky 2.4GHz FHSS module and receiver

Postby kneedrag » Thu May 06, 2010 9:50 am

Hi all,

If you have any questions about the system locally here in NZ please feel free to contact me. I usually frequent the parkflyers http://www.parkflyers.org.nz/ forum on a daily basis however I will pop in here every now and again.

If you want to get your kit locally http://www.phlatkits.co.nz/ with full local support.
kneedrag

Postby jomarx » Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 am

I love the FrSky futaba combo! For me, its the best china 2.4Ghz module based out there.

The only drawback for me is that the antenna of the 8ch RX is very fragile....
jomarx

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri May 07, 2010 6:41 am

How have you found them to be fragile?

They use the same coax pigtails that other receivers like Futaba's FASST and Corona do.

I've put my FrSky receivers through a little "pilot-induced trauma" and they've come out fine. What have you observed?
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby jomarx » Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 am

If you still remember my thread (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=25) a few days ago, I told there regarding my experience with the 8ch RX.

Since the coax pigtails are only mounted on the board and not secured to the case, a light tug (or in my case, a crash :oops: ) will pull those wires off...

----------------------

And in other news, I'ved seen a 7ch RX in HiModel.com (http://www.himodel.com/radios/FrSky_2.4 ... _V8R7.html), and what's wierd is, its not not available in FrSky's official site... :?
jomarx

Postby RobC » Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 pm

If you look closely, you'll see that the end of the U.FL connector is clamped between the two case halves. I still managed to rip one out in a dead-battery induced crash. The strange thing is that I found the aerial, but not the connector! The receiver still works ok, I just need to strip the end off a U.FL flylead to make a new aerial.
RobC

Postby jackmack53 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Which model is having a problem with the transmitter FrSky/FriSky 2.4GHz FHSS module I would like to know because I would like to get one for my JR 9303 :?: I'am looking at the better one from Hobby King that run about $53.00 and the other one runs about $39.00 please let me know if some one has bought from H/k and if there any good using the JR 9303. Thanks guys
jackmack53

Postby Kanga » Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 am

Hi Bruce perhaps you may be able to shed some light on this :)
I have used the frsky v2 tele module and reciever in my JR X-388s 8ch radio along with the flymentor in a HK450 pro tt , all works great except for 1 small abnormality .......
Bit of a strange one , I setup the system to use the gear channel to control the flymentor gain and the aux 2 to control the flymentor gyro:
This works if I use my 36 meg fm modules with no problems , however when using the frsky module and receiver i can use any combination of either the gear switch or the aux switch or even aux 3 ... to control either the gyro gain or the flymentor gain..... but if both the blue wire and the green wire are connected at the same time the whole system goes into random servo jitters.
As a work around i have disconnected the flymentor gain wire and set it in the heliball program to stay in position mode and leave the gyro gain connected so I can remote switch the gyro heading hold on and off : I always flick the heading hold off breifly then back on after I set the heli down ready to fly , it prevents the heli from doing unwanted piros on take off HEH :)
Has any one else had this same problem with using a frsky and flymentor combo.
No big deal if I cant switch the flymentor gain on and off, as it auto switches from position to balance mode above 3 meters any way, and the whole system is going into a Huges 500 scale model so aerobatics won't be on the menu so to speak and the stabilizer will be on all the time any way, Alternatively I could use a separate gyro for the tail I guess.

As I said before the problem goes away if I use the old 36 fm module and receiver instead of the frsky.
Kanga

Postby Kanga » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:10 am

Hmm is this forum still active ?
Kanga

Postby RobC » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:55 am

Kanga wrote:Hmm is this forum still active ?

maybe nobody knows the answer to your problem, or what a 'flymentor' is? I certainly don't. It sounds coolthough - flymentor, sort of rolls of the tongue.
RobC

Next

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers